The Who, the What, the When, the Where, and most importantly the Why of it all... My thoughts on the journey my family and I are taking through life. We have ups, we have downs, We laugh, we cry, but we do it together, with help from God, our family and friends.
Friday, March 2, 2012
A little scary
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)
I am a social person. When I get an idea, I pray about it -- A LOT. Then, sometimes I talk to people about it. First I talk to Richard and I get his take on things and maybe some advice. If it's something the kids should have a say in, I talk to them. Then I talk to my mom and my sister, my dad, and/or my brothers about it as the idea starts to form into action. Then, if I can, I sometimes run it by friends. By the time I'm ready to implement my idea, I'm pretty sure it's safe and the right way. I feel like I'm a realist. This is definitely not the same as pessimistic. I don't go in expecting the worst. I do however, like to think about the worst thing that could happen, and then try to at least have a plan. I go in hoping for the best, being positive, and then prepare for the worst "just in case".
This typically means I take a long time to make decisions if time allows for it. I wish I hadn't taken so long to hire a trainer. My trainer is moving in a month and I'm having lots of anxiety about it. I didn't plan for this so I feel a little off. I thought he'd be there for me to meet my goals. And while he's not abandoning me -- I still feel like I'm running out of time and it's making me a little crazy. I started thinking about hiring one in spring of 2011 -- maybe march. Started saving some $ and tried to figure out how to go about it. If i'd done it then, I'd have spent a year achieving my goals and maybe be done. But i didn't. and now he's leaving -- and I've been with him for 6 months. I'm not sure I can do it without him. (ok, thats not true -- I know I can. He's taught me so much, but not sure I have the self discipline to do it.) I have a month to prepare to do this on my own... wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment