- Living room pillow fight death matches
- Forming a club with friends
- Making mud pies and throwing mud balls (they don't really like to get dirty unless we're camping)
- Building elaborate forts in the living room (I think they are worried about getting into trouble or having to clean it up afterwards)
- jumping on the bed -- I never have to tell them "stop jumping on the bed!"
- Going on an adventure story -- my brother used to entertain us for hours!
- Tent camping -- they like camper camping.
- Riding bikes - they have them but don't like to ride them. Not sure why.
Sometimes, I think the fact that they live with two techies as parents (plus their dad is a techie) that maybe they don't get enough encouragement to do sporty adventurous stuff. Richard and I plan on changing that.

Yea, that is interesting. A few months ago, I noticed that Adam didn't know how to let loose and run around in plain dirt areas. He loves running and physical activity, but put him on actual dirt ground and he tried to avoid weeds, grass, animal poop. I started taking him to this desert area and running him (holding his hand and running with him) up and down little hills and in and out of little gullies to teach him how to just run wild. He had a blast (even though he screamed when he got caught on the other side of a rabbit poop scattering. lol). I shudder to think that he could have gone without knowing what it feels like to explore rampant fun. When I was a kid, it was the norm. I didn't think you had to teach or show kids (or show them it's ok), but I guess sometimes you do. I think the girls will love what your have in store for them. :)
ReplyDelete